Friday 3 February 2017

Otaki-Picton 3rd February

44 miles. A very early start, partly to avoid the risk of delays(punctures etc), with a ferry to catch and partly to get out of my accommodation ASAP. Found a coackroach in my cycle shorts!!! Not just me that wants to escape!

 Fairly uneventful ride to Wellington, until the last 10 miles. Of course there is no direct route to the ferry terminal for cyclists (just motorway). However with the help of a local policeman, I followed a fairly converluted route, got me there eventually.

 Lovely ferry crossing on a beautiful day, the fjords coming into the South Island are beautiful. Picton is charming a small town with marina as well as ferry port, surrounded by luscious green hills. Yes hills, but not thinking about that tonight!

Out to dinner,overlooking the marina, beautiful evening, superb seafood chowder and warm vegetable salad.

 Need to think about my route tomorrow, as some roads are still closed between here and Christchurch, since the most recent quake, although I am told there was a small quake two days ago, oh well adds interest to the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment