Monday 6 February 2017

Murchson-Hammer Springs 6th February.

106 miles( distance brought on by lack of accomodation).
Left Murchson at 7.30am, plan to get at least 80 mikes done.  Cycled on to first and only services at Spring junction, 50 miles into my ride, cafe, garage and motel. Knew I needed to carry on but unsure where to !!!

Over Lewis pass, spectacular ( but cloudy and wet) and fairly tough climbing. Rewarded with a fair deal of downhill, for some miles.  Headed for Hammer Springs, without knowing what was would be available.

Seriously thought I might just have to wild camp, but did not need to look any further than the motel I saw when coming into town.   Think I deserved a bit of comfort after such a long ride.   Bonus, motel owner drove me to the local shop for supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment