Thursday 26 January 2017

Omepare -Paparoa 26th January

Another 85 miles today, with some tough climbing. Will be pleased when I meet up with Peter and can slow down a bit. Climbed up through Waipoua forest, lush green and slightly tropical. After some tough climbing I rewarded myself with an excellent Lentil burger in Dargaville before carrying on to Paparoa and another campsite.

 While in Dargaville I spotted a bike shop, well almost, he did sell bikes along side motorbikes and farming equipment. I had realised while going up yet another steep hill that I had not packed my spare chain link or chain tool. The idea of a broken chain in the middle of nowhere was making me a little anxious. Great, he had a chain link, but no tool to sell, as he only had the one he owned. After a little negotiation, ( I think he felt sorry for me), he agreed to sell me his!!!

 Met a fellow cyclist in the campsite this evening. George a Czech who lives in Germany. Had a fun chat, he is heading South too, who knows we may meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment