Monday 16 January 2017

Ho Chi Minh-Sydney 16th January.

Started the day with backache. It's been around for a few days, but was really sore this morning. A little concerned about managing an eight hour flight to Sydney in pain. Decided to seek out a Chiropractor, one not far from hotel, near the American embassy. Got an appointment, quite a slick outfit, the Chiroprator I saw was American. I think he has eased the problem, but might need another treatment in a Sydney.

 Post Chiropractor decided to spend the rest of the day walking in the city(walking usually helps my back). Along the way stopped at a cafe and used the opportunity to FaceTime my darling little granddaughter Savannah. She is six today. Sang her happy birthday, not sure what the locals thought of my rendition.  Received a couple of photos of Savannah opening the present I left for her(very thoughtful of her Mummy).

Post cafe walked down to the river and back through the market streets, lots of preparations for the Tet festival(new year celebrations), that takes place towards the end of the month. Seemed to consist of lots of beautiful young women having their photos taken. One last salted lime drink in the market, then back to hotel to sort myself out for the next leg of my trip. Off to Sydney, the next chapter of my trip starts!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Have a safe flight to Australia Grandma, speak to you again soon 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Savannah, it was lovely to speak to you on your birthday. Speak soon. Love Grandma xx

      Delete