Friday 13 January 2017

Danang to Ho Chi Minh-January 13th

Flight south to Ho Chi Minh only one hour. Distinct difference in temperature as I come further south, mid 30's here. I got here mid afternoon, spent the rest of the day getting my bearings, not an easy undertaking in the traffic and maze of roads. A cold beer apt reward at having made it back several hours later to the road of my hotel. Ho Chi Minh is as busy, if not more so, than Hanoi. Rush hour completely manic, motor bikes not only rule the road, but also the pavement, which they use to detour round the traffic! The roads are considerably wider here as well, which makes a crossing even more eventful!!! Found a shopping centre, weird, very familiar shops, almost felt like being back home. Plan for a full days exploration tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like your having an amazing time 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy, Yes amazing, very different to the UK. Who knows, maybe you and Clare may be here some day. Xx

      Delete
  2. Mind the motorbikes Grandma 🛵🏍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am keeping my eyes on them. Today I took a motorbike taxi, great fun. When the traffic was too bad the driver just went up on the pavement!!!! I think he would get in lots of trouble if he did that on England. Enjoy your party today. Speak Monday. Xxx

      Delete