Wednesday 1 March 2017

San Diego Ca 1st March.

Spent the morning driving round he city of San Diego, dropping off my bike for a service and picking up things for the trip starting next week.

 Returned car early afternoon and set off to eplore San Diego.

After working out the transport route and San Diego's version of an Oyster card found myself in the old town. A rebuilt area of the original San Diego. Some nice gift shops etc, lovely walk in the afternoon sunshine.

Tried a local craft beer called 'Mother Earth Vanilla Cream Ale', name a bit over the top, but very tasty.

 I am staying in a hostel in Point Lomo, very relaxed and comfortable. I have been invited to a yoga group, that runs locally, tomorrow morning . A 6.30am start, but thought I'd give it a go.

The group I am riding with across the states, will be joining me here over the next few days. So lots of new people to meet.

 I've included photos of a comic strip from a local paper! So Americans do have a sense of humour, well they need it these days!

4 comments:

  1. All looking great, Sally. Good luck with the long ride. Hope your companions are fun. Happy cycling xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. To meet the group today for the first time. Meeting up with Jamie next week when we pass through Pheonix. X

      Delete
  2. Hi Sally, did the hire car from LA work out OK? That's our option.

    ReplyDelete