Monday 20 March 2017

Stafford - Lordsburg 18th March

80 Miles.

Headed from Arizona into New Mexico, via the tiny town of Duncan.

The environment changed once in New Mexico flat, with mountains in the distance, also change in type of Cactus.

Hard to believe we were over 4000 ft above sea level.

 Nice incident on the afternoon part of the ride. I was cycling along the white line of the road, which the occasional motorist can object to, when a truck pulled up on the hard shoulder a few hundred yards in front of me.

 I could see he had is cab door open and thought. "oh no, this might be hassle!" To my surprise quite the opposite. Omar (the truck driver), had two bottles of water in his hands for me and was full of congratulations for what I was doing. Very nice surprise! Added bonus my glasses were at the campsite in Lordsburg. Thank you Winnie for posting them on.


No comments:

Post a Comment